Tuesday 24 May 2011

Milano - 22nd May- Il Bagagliaio - the car boot sale

My Sunday; an early yet optimistic start to what turnt out to be a bitter disappointment of a day.


Sunday 22nd May - Il Bagagliaio Milan - not exactly the car boot sale I had imagined.
For as long as I can remember, my mum's been car booting it in London as a way of earning a few bob.
But it seems that the idea I had in mind was only a glimpse of an old memory.
It all started at 7.30am when myself and my fellow c/b friends arrived to an S queue of car booters all awaiting to get their spot secured and their gear out of their cars. The first thing I thought was 'yes, we're onto a winner'. But there were more sellers than punters and by the end of the day, we found ourselves swapping items with other sellers in a bid to go home with less than what we came with.
I don't know whether it was the heat, whether everyone had gone to the lake or if we had just found ourselves in a bad spot but I ended up paying more on the entrance fee and €2 bottles of water.
Nevertheless, it was apparently the worst Sunday of the year so far, so I'm either an unfortunate soul or maybe, just maybe we're not quite there yet, in this wonderful country, with the idea of selling things second hand, grabbing us a cheap bargain or 'recycling' what we already have.
But I'm going to hold this thought until September, as first time unlucky, second time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment