Monday 27 June 2011

Bergamo - Loreto Festival 2011

Loreto - 23rd, 24th, 25th & 26th June


This is the first year that I enthusiastically attended the festival that has just been held in the park of Loreto.
Two things had interested me the most, the Swap Party & the Book-swapping stand.
My boyfriend picked up a flyer in the post office on the day of the Swap Party & I knew I had to get there and join in on the event.
This whole idea behind 'Swapping' all started in Manhattan. Swap parties have become a new way of hitting the high street so as to speak, as well as a fun private or public event. It's a new way of making purchases and reducing costs whilst not necessarily having to reduce quality and style.
The first thing I did was grab a mojito before heading over to the stand where these lovely young ladies, the derniercri girls were still busy with their preparations.
I handed over my 6 articles (yet it seems that every female wardrobe has at least 22 items of clothing that go forever unused, and that's not to mention bags, shoes and other accessories), was given a number and told to hang around until it all got started.
I just love this idea of clearing out a wardrobe of stuff that hasn't been worn for a while, or ever, as is often my case, and then popping along to a swap event to come home with another clothes collection.
It doesn't cost anything and it's a favour done for the environment.
Swap parties aren't just about waiting for the new season to arrive to change wardrobe, the method is applicable for so many other uses, for example book swapping.
Book swapping has become a known practice amongst people as an inexpensive way to exchange books, ideas, passions and as a way to find out about new books & authors.
Many colleges & universities have developed online book exchange programmes to help students save money on both textbooks and leisure books.
I'm hinting here about my previous article. The ideas to resolve the problems.
Here are a couple of websites I found that'll lead you to the book swapping world.




No comments:

Post a Comment