Monday 4 July 2011

Bergamo - The start of the sales


So the sales have started. I went out on Saturday morning for a mooch around town asking myself the question; How do I identify myself with 'the sales shopper'?

Well, I first think it's about the timing. I was out at 10.00am and saw masses of people coming out of shops with big bags, some designer, some regular high street wonders, and thought, mmm, most of the clever bargain hunter shoppers were most probably outside their most desired shop for 9am on the dot. And the semi-interested shoppers are getting themselves out right about now, and the carefree shoppers will be out late morning or afternoon.
What do we look like?
We're wearing clothes that are easy to slip on and off so that we can try, try, try on clothes, we're wearing comfy shoes, flats most probably, we're only wearing a hint of eye-liner or mascara, & no foundation; we're mad shoppers, but we're conscious shoppers who don't want to rub our make-up off on every item of clothing we intend to try on.
Where are we looking?
Conveniently enough, shops have got the hang of splitting clothes into size and by item, very handy indeed, it's gives the keen shopper a clear eye view of which direction to head to and keeps us focussed on looking at the section with our size only. I tend to look a bit out of my waist range for bargains, plenty of times I seem to find my size on other racks, or on the floor, or hanging around the changing rooms. It's a war out there.
What are we spending our well earned money on?
We're looking for basics, the items we tend to spend the most on normally, a simple plain cotton top, a pair of jeans, underwear, that type of thing.
We're anticipating next season's fashion, we've already checked it out. Items that are on their way out are pretty much to be avoided in the sales.
We're looking for transitional items that have been around and don't tend to go out of fashion.
And of course, that item that we've oh so wanted, but couldn't afford at the time, we're picking that up first!!
Before we purchase..
We check out items for marks, rips or tears and to be double sure we're not impulse buying.
Another thing we're super aware of is the actual mark down price, first things first, we all know that many shops take out their past season sale stuff, and they're the items likely to be discounted the most.

As for me, I've got an 80% wardrobe of recycled vintage, and so my saddo buys this Saturday consisted of bedsheets and covers & floor mats. But that's only until I get me to some vintage shops.

No comments:

Post a Comment